As we approach the new year, many people start thinking about New Year’s Resolutions. I would like to encourage you to set some goals and plans for your business for 2012 too. To help your business grow and prosper, you may want to ensure your plans include these basics:
- Consider your billing rates – is it time to increase them? How do you compare to average billing rates? Check out Intuit’s Average Billing Rates Survey and Rates for Tax Preparation.
- Create, update or improve your website and search engine ranking
- Start a blog and post regularly (maybe weekly or at least twice a month) (Editors note: See my articles on how to start a business blog, and WHY, in the Intuit ProLine News Central blog)
- If you’re not already, start using social media for your business (links to mine to give you ideas) — create a Facebook Page, network in a Linkedin group, use Twitter or post videos on YouTube (you can use Hootsuite to help post to multiple sites more efficiently and schedule posts too). Watch my free webinar on an Intro to Social Media to help you get started.
- Complete the 2012 ProAdvisor Certificationbefore year end! This will help your ranking on the Find a ProAdvisor website!
- If you’re eligible for the Advanced Certification, get it done!
- Complete your ProAdvisor Profile, include a picture and get reviews from clients
Set goals and plans for your business for 2012 and you will be on the road to success! Best wishes for a safe and enjoyable holiday season and to a successful and prosperous new year!