Support of Local Groups
The Sleeter Group sponsors MeetUps and other local groups that are focused on accounting software solutions, small business consulting, and business coaching. A directory of such groups may be found here.
Following are the requirements and benefits of Sleeter Group sponsorship of local and MeetUp groups.
The Sleeter Group will:
- Be available for assistance in starting and maintaining the group, including guiding group leaders to Web properties for managing the group (e.g., MeetUp.com) and recruiting local members.
- Advertise the existence of local and MeetUp groups to Sleeter Group Consultant Network members, as well as non-members via The Desktop Accountant e-newsletter, encouraging them to join.
- Provide speakers and presentation topics to which group leaders will have access, for virtual or live presentations.
- Offer discounts and other program offers to members of the local or MeetUp groups.
The local or MeetUp group will:
- List The Sleeter Group as a sponsor on the group's Web site and mention The Sleeter Group at meetings.
- Make available offers from The Sleeter Group to its members; e.g., discounts to Sleeter events.
- Reimburse travel expenses for speakers the group solicits for live presentations, should the speaker request such reimbursement.
- Pay any fees to MeetUp.com or any other Web site the group uses to manage the group.
If you would like assistance in starting a Sleeter-sponsored local or MeetUp group in your area, please contact us at 888-484-5484 or +1-925-416-6300, or via e-mail, or download the Local Groups Support Agreement and return it to our office via fax at +1-925-416-7702 or e-mail.
The Sleeter Group Supports MeetUps and Local Groups
Read this recent article from Consultant Courier, the newsletter for Sleeter Consultants.
For several months, we've published a list of MeetUps and local QuickBooks groups in which our members belong, at http://www.sleeter.com/resources/local. Now we've taken our participation with local groups one step further by agreeing to manage the QuickBooks & Business Coaches MeetUp in the San Francisco Bay Area, our home region. This MeetUp consists of three active chapters, each led by an energetic accounting professional who's dedicated to enriching the "live" networking and learning experience of Bay Area accounting professionals.
Now, as part of our expanding support for MeetUps (and other local networking groups) across the country, we are offering organizer startup help and coaching, content, speakers, and more to local groups who register with us. The only requirement is that the organizer of the group be a member of the Sleeter Group Consultants Network. Here's how the new support program works:
- Send an e-mail to let us know that you would like your local group to be a part of The Sleeter Group's sponsorship program. (This process will soon move to an online QuickBase form, so stay tuned for that change.) We will list your group on our Local Groups page and also highlight various groups in our outbound communications.
- Use our logo on your MeetUp site.
- Tap into our rich resources of content and speakers (coming soon). Speakers will be available live and/or virtually (using Skype, GoToMeeting, etc.).
- Arrange your selected speakers' participation in your meetings directly with them.
- If you would like your meetings listed on The Sleeter Group's Calendar, notify us of your meeting dates/locations.
- Offer your members opportunities to participate in other Sleeter Group programs and services, and purchase products, at discounted prices.
- If you would like to start a MeetUp or local group in your area, or have recently started one, and would like coaching services or other startup assistance, please contact us.
We are excited about supplementing the virtual and national nature of our community with a live and local platform! We encourage you to participate fully in this opportunity, either as a leader or a member of a group in your area.
News from The Sleeter Group
Get 20% off all Sleeter Group products!
As a Sleeter Consultant, you are eligible to receive a 20% discount on all products.
The Sleeter Group Webinars
Our Webinars dive deep into topics you need to keep your practice up-to-date and profitable.
The Sleeter Group Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with top-notch technical articles, events, and special offers from The Sleeter Group by subscribing to The Desktop Accountant, our free newsletter.