If you're sick of the hassle and costs of preparing, printing, mailing, and filing 1099 forms, we have great news. At The Sleeter Group, we've used Track 1099 since 2010, and it works great! We prepared, e-delivered, AND E-FILED our 1099s in less than 30 minutes.
Sleeter Group clients will receive a 5% discount on Track1099 (use promo code sleeter2013) to receive the discount.
Track 1099 is a Web application that integrates with accounting software (QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Intacct, and others) to automatically import all of your vendor details. Then, within the application, you can prepare, e-deliver, and e-file Form 1099-MISC.
- E-Filing and E-Delivery: Track1099 allows you to go paperless with the whole process of 1099 filings. You use it to prepare, E-file with the IRS, and e-deliver the forms to your vendors.
- Integrated: Track1099 offers seamless integration with Bill.com, Intacct.com, RealPage.com, QuickBooks Online, and CSV files. Although the QuickBooks and Peachtree integration is not quite as seamless, it is still less painful than printing on paper. To transfer QuickBooks Desktop and Peachtree vendor lists to Track 1099, you can sign up for a no obligation trial account with Bill.com, or you can use an export/import process as described below.
- Secure: Industry-standard 256 bit SSL encryption protects your sensitive data. Track1099 is totally PCI-compliant with credit cards.
- Customer Support: Support is provided via live chat and e-mail.
- Combined State/Federal Filings: Track1099 participates in the Combined State/Federal filing program. Each state has its own rules, so you'll want to check those out and see what requirements they have.
- "Super CPA" screen where the accounting firm can see the filing status of all client accounts.
- Paper mailing of 1099s for delivery to vendors with missing email addresses. Additional fees apply for paper mailing.
Screenshots of Company and Recipient Forms
Company portion of a 1099-MISC
Recipient form with partial view of payment boxes
Click here to get started at Track1099 (be sure to use promo code sleeter2013 to receive a 5% discount)
- Run a 1099 Summary Report in QuickBooks and verify all of your vendor information, tax IDs, and payments for the year.
- Export this report to a CSV file (1099Pmts.csv).
- Create a customized/filtered Vendor Contact List report: Click here for the QuickBooks report template
- To import this predefined QuickBooks report:
- In QuickBooks, display the Memorize Report List.
- From the Memorized Report dropdown, select Import Template.
- Browse to select 1099_Vendor_List.QBR
- After the report template imports, you can run it by double-clicking on the memorized report called 1099 Vendor List.
- If you don't want to use our predefined report template, you can create your own report by following these steps:
- Create a Vendor Contact List.
- Filter the report to display only those vendors who are eligible for 1099s.
- Customize the columns to display:
- Contact, Tax ID, Bill from 1, Bill From City, Bill from State, Bill from Zip, Email
- Export the customized/filtered Vendor Contact List to CSV (VendorInfo.csv).
- Download and open the Track1099 Excel Import template and copy/paste data into the appropriate columns from the two reports (1099Pmts.csv and VendorInfo.csv) above.
- Save the populated Excel template as Track1099ImportFile.CSV.
- Go into Track1099 and go to the Import tab and follow the steps to Import from CSV.