Intuit has released the QuickBooks 2012 R15 update for the U.S. version of QuickBooks. This is available as a manual update from the Intuit support web site. I believe that this will also be pushed out as an automatic update right away.
This article was updated on 12/2/2013
This looks to be a minor bug-fix update. If you have run into any of the described issues then you should install the update. If you are using Shipping Manager, any Intuit Payroll, or if you are using any “IPP apps” that use the Sync Manager tool, this is definitely something you want to install. Note, though, that I generally recommend that you wait a week just in case any new problems are introduced. That is not likely at this point, but I’m a cautious person.
- This fixes an issue that caused the error “Exception thrown in destructor” to be displayed when opening a company file.
- This fixes an issue that caused the error “Exception thrown in destructor” to be displayed while setting up an online bank account.
- A problem is resolved for users who have multiple versions of QuickBooks installed. Prior to this update, if you install QuickBooks 2014 on the same computer as an older version it would cause both programs to become unstable.
- Fixes an issue that prevented you from being able to import Gmail contacts.
- Shipping Manager is updated to the latest version (see the note at the bottom of this article).
- If you had disabled the Automatic Data Recovery feature, upgrading a QuickBooks 2012 company file to a newer version will no longer re-enable that feature.
- Intuit Sync Manager is updated to the latest release.
- The access points for the older (being discontinued) online version of QuickBooks Attached Documents have been removed (see this article for an explanation of how this feature has evolved).
- Customer Credit Card information will be stored in a QuickBooks Merchant Service enabled company only if it is enabled for Credit Card protection.
Payroll Related Features
- E-Pay will no longer be shown as an option for Basic and Standard Payroll subscribers.
- An issue is resolved that caused QuickBooks to close unexpectedly when creating paychecks.
- The Lock Net Pay status will not remain unlocked after printing and sending Direct Deposit checks.
- An issue is resolved that prevented Assisted Payroll customers from validating their subscription after updating to QuickBooks 2012 R14.
- Fixes an issue that prevented the state IN WH1 from populating.
Problems with QuickBooks Shipping Manager
As you can see from the comments in this article, some users have run into problems with the update to QuickBooks Shipping Manager. Intuit has acknowledged that there are some problems with this update, and they have posted a KB article with notes on how to resolve this issue.
See KB article SLN40062:
My thanks to the QuickBooks Desktop Customer Care team, who pointed out this KB article.