Intuit has released the QuickBooks 2010 R15 update for the U.S. version of QuickBooks. This update has just a couple of changes for payroll and payment solutions. At the time I’m writing this the release is available as a manual update from the Intuit support web site. I would expect this to be released as an automatic update within a week, if all goes well.
Here’s a list of the changes:
- Intuit PaymentNetwork (IPN): Credits applied to an invoice are now reflected in the balance due. Invoices that have credits applied will no longer show an incorrect balance due when attempting to pay them with IPN. Customers attempting to pay online would be shown the incorrect balance before this correction.
- Inuit PaymentNetwork: The “Enable Invoices to be paid online” link on an invoice had an incorrect URL, and this has been fixed. This relates to enabling the service, not how it worked after enabled – this was a message that was aimed more at you, the QuickBooks user, rather than your customers.
- Payroll: The Send Payroll Data to Excel feature will no longer send numeric codes to Excel for some tax tracking types. The actual names will now be sent.
- Payroll: Company Contributions that are actually not taxable will no longer print in the taxable section on pay stubs.
- A new help topic was added, “Tracking health coverage costs for W-2 reporting”
These are fairly simple changes. If you haven’t turned off IPN in your preferences (or you are already using it), and if you aren’t using an Intuit payroll service, I don’t see a big need to rush into this update.