Intuit has released the QuickBooks 2009 R14 update for the U.S. version of QuickBooks. This update cleans up a few loose ends – I wonder if this will be the last update that the 2009 product will be getting before it is retired? At the time I’m writing this the release is available as a manual update from the Intuit support web site. I would expect this to be released as an automatic update within a week, if all goes well.
Here’s a list of the changes:
- If you duplicate an existing invoice (right click on an invoice, select duplicate invoice) the due date will now be correctly calculated.
- The Loan Manager and Cash Flow Projector will now work if you have Internet Explorer 9 installed. Before this you would just get an odd error message and the feature would not run.
- You should no longer see the error “could not print to printer” when emailing statements in batches.
- If you are downloading fee transactions from a bank using the Online Banking feature, QuickBooks will no longer unexpectedly close if the memo field contains non-alphanumeric characters.
- Since the Time Tracker feature has been discontinued, references to this program have been dropped.